No matter which side of the pond you live on, FIFA 22 is the game most loved by football fans. One of the main reasons behind this is the Volta Mode which replicates the excellence of the popular FIFA Street games that the fans really loved. But for many players, FIFA 22 Volta Mode is not working on their system.
So if you are also facing the same problem then try the following solutions to fix the problem quickly.
1. Check FIFA 22 server status
FIFA 22 is an online multiplayer game and as such its servers may be under maintenance or facing different issues from time to time. Server outage can affect the entire game while some functions are sometimes affected.
So, whenever FIFA 22 Volta Mode is not working, make sure to check the FIFA 22 server status. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Open a browser and visit the EA Help Center.
- Click the dropdown icon next to the Games menu at the top of the page.
- In the search bar, type fifa22 and press Enter. It will take you to the main page of FIFA 22.
- check the Server status icon at the top right of the main page.
The green color next to the server status icon indicates that there are no issues with the game on any platform. Red or yellow color indicates that the servers are currently undergoing maintenance or facing downtime.
You can even click the Server status icon to check which platform server is currently facing problems. Also, if the server is down, you can’t do much more than wait for it to resolve.
2. Download the latest game patch update
FIFA 22 regularly receives patch updates to remove bugs, introduce new features, and more. If you are unable to access Volta Mode due to a bug in the app, downloading the latest patch update can be a good solution.
Update FIFA 22 on PC
FIFA 22 can be played on PC via Steam. So, to update the game on Steam, follow the steps below.
- Start the Steam client and choose the Library option at the top of the window.
- Select FIFA 22 in the left panel of the screen.
- Click on the gear icon on the FIFA 22 home page and choose Properties from the context menu.
- Select the updates left panel tab.
- To choose Keep this game always updated..
Next, close the Steam client. On the next launch, Steam will automatically start downloading any available updates for FIFA 22.
Update FIFA 22 on PS4 and PS5
If you are facing the issue on PS4 or PS5, this is how you can update the game on these consoles.
- Go to Control Panel. To do it on PS5, press and hold the button P.S. until the Dashboard appears. And, on PS4, just press the PS button to access the Dashboard.
- Select the Play tab at the top of the screen.
- Scroll and highlight FIFA 22 from the list.
- Click on the Options button on your controller, and choose Search for updates from the context menu.
If an update is available, your PS5 will start downloading it. You can control the update process by pressing the PS button and selecting the Download/Upload menu.
Update FIFA 22 on Xbox One
To update FIFA 22 on Xbox One, follow the instructions below:
- On the home screen, select my games and apps option.
- Choose the Games left panel option.
- Select FIFA 22 present on the right side of the window.
- To choose manage game from the menu that appears.
- Select updates from the left panel.
You will see all available updates for FIFA 22 in the updates menu. Download them and check if it fixes the issue at hand.
3. Rejoin Volta mode
One of the best ways you can fix Volta Mode issues is to rejoin it. By rejoining Volta Mode, we mean exiting Volta completely and then returning to it. You do not need to exit the application on your system.
The only downside to this solution is that you have to be quick with the process. If you stay in the Volta menu for a long time, the chances that you will face the same problem again are high. So, ask your friends to join your invite quickly so you can instantly start the game once everyone is available.
4. Verify integrity of game files (PC only)
FIFA 22 files can get corrupted or lost due to various reasons. And when this happens, you will face different problems, including the one at hand. The solution, in this situation, is to repair the corrupt files in Windows. You can do this using Steam’s built-in repair utility.
That is how:
- Start the Steam client and open the Library tab.
- Right click on FIFA 22 and choose Properties from the context menu.
- To choose local files from the left panel.
- Click on Verify the integrity of the game files.
Steam will now find and replace all corrupted game files. Once done, restart the client and check for the problem.
5. Try the Reset All Squads Option
Volta Mode can become unresponsive due to specific changes you have made to the mode. As a solution, you will need to reset all settings to their default values. You can do it using the Reset all squads option.
- Launch FIFA 22 and choose the personalize option.
- Select edit teams and then click Reset all squads.
- To choose Yes to confirm your selection.
That is all. Now restart the game and check for the problem.
6. Reinstall FIFA 22
If you are still facing the issue then there is probably something wrong with the installation files. The solution, in this case, is to reinstall the game on Steam or on your console.
So, go through the reinstall process and check if it fixes the problem.
Play in Volta mode without any problem
Volta Mode is a welcome feature in the FIFA series. But like anything else, it has its own problems. If Volta Mode is not working on PC or consoles, now you know about different solutions that can easily fix the problem.
Volta Mode isn’t the only mode that can crash or crash, so be sure to try these fixes for similar situations, in FIFA 22 and other games.