Marvel Studios’ beloved hero returns for a classic Thor adventure. Described as “emotional, exciting and downright fun as hell” (Ben Kendrick, rant on screen), Thor: love and thunder arrives digitally on September 8th and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on September 27th. Fans can add the film to their Marvel Studios movie collection and access exclusive bonus content including deleted scenes, a gag and audio commentary from legendary filmmaker Taika Waititi. . Thor: love and thunder It will also stream on Disney+ on September 8.
Synopsis of the film
Marvel Studios’ Thor: love and thunder finds the God of Thunder (Chris Hemsworth) on a journey unlike anything he’s ever faced: one of self-discovery. But his efforts are interrupted by a galactic assassin known as Gorr the God Butcher (Christian Bale), who seeks the extinction of the gods. To combat the threat, Thor enlists the help of the Valkyrie King (Tessa Thompson), Korg (Taika Waititi), and his ex-girlfriend Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), who, to Thor’s surprise, inexplicably wields his magical hammer, Mjolnir, like the Powerful. Thor. Together, they embark on a harrowing cosmic adventure to unravel the mystery of the Butcher God’s revenge and stop him before it’s too late.
Directed by Taika Waititi (“Thor: Ragnarok,” “Jojo Rabbit”), from a screenplay by Waititi and Jennifer Kaytin Robinson, Thor: love and thunder it was produced by Kevin Feige and Brad Winderbaum.
- joke reel – Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Thor: love and thunder.
- Audio commentary – Watch the film with audio commentary by director/screenwriter Taika Waititi.
- Worthy Hammer: Thor and The Mighty Thor – Follow the journeys of Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman to become Thor and The Mighty Thor, respectively. Watch as the co-stars talk about the preparation behind taking on their legendary roles and describe how they combine their unstoppable forces.
- shaping a villain – This video introduces the main antagonist of Love and Thunder, Gorr the God Butcher. Shedding light on the man who brings the character to life, this piece highlights his recruitment and process. Then the castmates and crew reveal personal anecdotes.
- Another classic Taika adventure – This piece recalls Taika Waititi’s journey in taking over the Thor franchise and reinventing the God of Thunder. Revisit the moment Taika was announced as Thor’s new custodian and follow Taika through the making of Thor: love and thunder.
- looking for zeus – Thor, Valkyrie and Korg meet some characters while looking for an audience with Zeus.
- Wasting time – Star-Lord and Mantis convince Thor to help their cause.
- a safe vacation – A nonchalant Thor chats with Star-Lord and Mantis in a panic amidst the chaos. An explosion pushes Korg to the scene.
- Fighting for you – Zeus gifts Thor with a special tool after overhearing a heartfelt conversation.
*Additional features vary by product and retailer
- Chris Hemsworth like thor
- Natalie Portman as Jane Foster “The Mighty Thor”
- tessa thompson as valkyrie king
- Christian bale as Gorr
- Taika Waititi as Korg “Old Kronan God” (voice)
- Russell Crowe as Zeus
- Kevin Feige, PGA
- Brad Winderbaum, pga
- Louis D’Esposito
- victoria alonso
- brian chapek
- todd hallowell
- and Chris Hemsworth
- Taika Waititi
- and Jennifer Kaytin Robinson
- miguel giacchino
- and Nami Melumad
- miguel giacchino
- and Nami Melumad
- Digital: September 8
- Physical: September 27
- Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD
- Physical: 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital Code), Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + Digital Code), and DVD
Function execution time
Approx. 119 minutes
US PG-13 rating
- digital: 2:39
- Physical: 2.39:1
- 4K: English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
- Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
- DVD: English 5.1 Dolby, English AD 2.0 Dolby, French 5.1 Dolby, Spanish 5.1 Dolby
- Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English 5.1 and 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 and 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 and 2.0 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Dolby Digital descriptive audio (some platforms)
- 4K: English SDH, Spanish, French
- Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French
- DVD: English SDH, Spanish, French
- Digital: English SDH, French, Spanish (some platforms)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) manages The Walt Disney Company’s vast content distribution and marketing ecosystem that delivers the company’s unparalleled storytelling to audiences around the world. This involves managing the profit and loss and operation of the company’s portfolio of streaming services, including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and international general entertainment offering, Star; its linear television channels and ABC-owned stations; distribution of cinematographic films; distribution and licensing of content, including Disney Music Group; global advertising sales; and the technology that drives these groups. Using a wealth of consumer information from across the company, DMED makes content investment and distribution decisions to maximize audience engagement and business impact across all platforms, collaborating with creative leaders at Disney’s Studios, general entertainment and sports organizations.