BeReal is a new social media app that brings a breath of fresh air to the genre. Still, it’s a content sharing platform, which means it has one trait in common with all other social media platforms: Sometimes you post something that seemed like a great idea at the time, but then you want to delete it right away.
Alternatively, you can review some old posts and decide that you no longer want them on your profile. Again, your first option is probably to delete those posts.
Fortunately, deleting a post on BeReal is quite easy, both on Android and iPhone devices. This article will show you the methods to do just that. We will also explain how BeReal works, as it is essential for both posting and deleting posts.
How to delete a post on BeReal on an Android device
To delete a publication on BeReal, you will need to follow three simple steps:
- When you enter a post on BeReal, you will see the time and location on the right. Next to that, there will be an icon with three vertically aligned dots. Tap on that icon.
- A popup menu will appear. Locate and tap the “Delete my BeReal” option. Don’t let the name confuse you though: this action will only delete the post, not the entire app or your account.
- You will access a survey in which you can tell the application your reasons for deleting the publication. Once you complete the survey, choose “Delete my BeReal”.
Your post will be deleted after completing these steps. However, you should be careful when deleting posts from BeReal due to the limitations of this social media app. We will explain the details in a separate section below.
How to delete a post in BeReal on an iPhone
Deleting a BeReal post on iPhone shouldn’t be a problem for any user. This process will be almost identical to Android with just one additional step:
- Find the post you want to delete on BeReal. Once on the desired post, tap on the icon showing three vertical dots.
- You will see a pop-up window with various information such as comments and your location. Tap the “Options” button.
- Select “Delete my BeReal”.
- You will need to complete a survey asking why you want your post removed. When you’re done, you can tap “Yes, I’m sure” to complete the action.
After completing the last step, your post will disappear. You must be absolutely sure that you want to delete the post.
Can I delete a post on BeReal from a PC?
BeReal is exclusively available as a smartphone app, at least for now. This means that, unlike other social networks like Facebook or Twitter, BeReal does not have a native desktop version.
Here is an alternative way to delete a post on a PC. You have to download a PC emulator. Once done, follow these steps:
- Go to “Playstore” and sign in with your credential.
- In the search bar, type “BeReal”, then enter and click the “Install” button. And then open the app to get started and enter your name, birthday and phone number.
- Then find the post you want to delete and you will see the time and location on the right. Next to that, click on the three vertical dots.
- A menu will appear; click “Delete my BeReal”.
- To confirm, choose why you want to delete a post and click “DELETE MY BEREAL” again.
Delete posts one day at a time
With BeReal, users can get a more random and immediate feel of social media. The app was designed to provide an authentic experience and allow users to show themselves in the most real way possible. This is precisely why the specific rules and limitations were established.
You have learned how to delete a post on BeReal, but it is important to remember that the action will only be available once a day. In other words, deleting a post will require almost as much attention as taking a photo in a two-minute window.
Did you delete your post from BeReal successfully? Let us know in the comments below.