The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is based on the Hyrule established in breath of the wild incorporating familiar mechanics and materials. However, thanks to Gloom infecting the world, much of that familiar world has changed, including the availability of key ingredients like Hylian Rice and Tabantha Wheat. However, there are still some reliable sources for these ingredients, and this guide outlines the best ways to get Tabantha Wheat in Tears of the Kingdom.
The ‘Where to Buy Tabantha Wheat’ section of this guide contains mild spoilers about the status of the Great Deku Tree in Korok Forest.
Where to buy Tabantha wheat in Tears of the Kingdom
Buying this ingredient is the fastest and easiest way to obtain Tabantha Wheat. Tabantha wheat is sold by the following merchants in Tears of the Kingdom and each position stores three at a time:
- Gerudo City Cooking Stall (post completion of Temple of Lightning) – 12 rupees
- The slippery falcon at Rito Village – 12 rupees
- Cooking stall inside the Great Deku Tree (once healed) – 12 Rupees
Where to get Tabantha Wheat in Tears of the Kingdom
Tabantha Wheat can most easily be found by cutting grass with a sword in Tabantha Frontier. Players need to pack some cold resistant armor or food and head to any point on the map in the Tabantha Frontier area. Swinging any weapon with a blade (sword, clay, reaper, etc.) in grassy areas will eventually drop Tabantha Wheat. It will take a couple of swings, but it’s free. Also, for some reason, this is also a great way to get a lot of hot-legged frogs.
Recipes that need Tabantha wheat in Tears of the Kingdom
Tears of the Kingdom check the cooking system breath of the wild by introducing a complete cookbook in which Link can save recipes as he cooks them or learn them from various sources. Some of the most exclusive dishes of Tears of the Kingdom involve Tabantha Wheat, including a few that are required for side quests:
- Cakes: carrot cake, fruit cake, pecan cake, cheesecake, dark cake, monster cake
- Breads – Melted Cheese Bread, Wheat Bread
- Pastries: meatloaf, fish pie, apple pie, fruit pie, pumpkin pie, carrot cake
- fish soups
- Meuniere – Salmon Meuniere, Hearty Salmon Meuniere, Seafood Meuniere, Snapper Meuniere
- Hylian Tomato Pizza
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is now available on Nintendo Switch.