Whether you’re looking for an emergency backup or paper records, here’s how to print your Gmail contacts on a desktop or mobile device.
Whether to prevent an emergency or for a paper record, it can be helpful to print a copy of your contacts. But instead of creating a separate list, it would be much easier to print them directly from your contact list.
Fortunately, you can do this with Gmail: you can download, export, or print your contact list. In this article, we’ll show you how to print your Gmail contacts, both on the desktop and with the Gmail app.
Printing your Gmail contacts is easy whether you’re using a desktop computer or your mobile phone. Here’s how to do it on a desktop computer.
- Start your browser and open Gmail.
- Click on the Google App Grid in the upper right corner between Settings and your profile picture. Alternatively, just go to Google Contacts.
- Click on contacts in the left panel and wait for the total number of your contacts to fill in.
- Now, scroll down the left side panel and click on Impression.
- If you want to select some of your contacts to print, click the Contacts dropdown arrow and select the category you want to print.
- When you’re done, click Impression.
- A print preview page will open showing your contact details. From here, you can view the number of pages and set your printing preferences.
- Select your printer from the Destiny dropdown.
- Then click Impression. Your Google contacts should now start printing.
You can also use tools like Shared Contacts to share your list of Google contacts.
You can also print your Gmail contacts directly from your smartphone or mobile device. That is how:
- Open the Gmail app.
- tap on the three line hamburger menu in the top left-hand corner.
- Scroll down the left side panel and click contacts.
- tap on the Three-Dot Button (More Actions) next to your profile picture.
- Play Select to choose specific contacts; otherwise touch Select all. You can also choose to select from categories like phone contacts, email contactsY Company. You’ll find these options just below the search box.
- tap on the Share next to the trash can icon.
- tap on the printer icon and select a printer. If you prefer to download a copy of your contacts, touch other sharing options, such as E-mail, WhatsAppetc.
- Set your printer preferences and click Impression to start printing your Gmail contacts. You will need to make sure that both your printer and your phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network or that Wi-Fi Direct is turned on.
However, if you have thousands of contacts, printing can be impractical. You can choose to download a copy of your contacts instead, you have the additional option of converting the VCF file to your preferred format.
If you’re using a different device, just tap the download button in your email or in the google drive button. When you open the VCARD, you will be prompted to save its contents as contacts. This is also a handy way to move your contacts from an old device to a new one.
Whether you choose to print or download, you can have your Google Contacts on hand in hard copy or electronically. If you decide to print your contacts, you should keep the printout in a safe place away from prying eyes. This is because it contains people’s personal information.
While printing your contacts is useful, there are plenty of other useful tricks you can use with Gmail.