Do you want to know how to remote control your Mac from your iPhone or iPad? You’re not alone. Apple Macs are wonderful computers, but they’re not exactly pocketable. If you want to access them when you’re out and about, you should carry one under your arm or slip it into a bag, unless you have an iPhone or iPad handy.
With a small amount of prep work and a little magic courtesy of the Google Chrome Remote Desktop app, you can access your Mac’s desktop from your phone or tablet, and even tap to launch apps and access files.
Once you’ve set it up, you just need to make sure the app and your Mac are up and running. Access is via a PIN, which makes it quite secure and you won’t have to pay a dime either, as the apps on both the Mac and your iPhone are completely free.
So let’s take a look at how to remotely control your Mac from your iPhone or iPad.
How to remote control your Mac from your iPhone or iPad
1. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your Mac screen and select System Preferences. After, click Share.
two. Check the box next to Share screen. You will also see your Mac name and address also displayed under ‘Screen Sharing: On’.
3. Start the Google Chrome browser on your Mac. If you don’t have Chrome installed, you can find it in the Mac App Store (opens in a new tab).
To go https://remotedesktop.google.com/access/ (opens in a new tab) Y sign in to your google account.
Four. You will be taken to the Google Chrome Remote Desktop page. Click the download button located in the ‘Set up remote access’ box.
5. Now that you’re in the Chrome Web Store, click Add to Chrome.
6. When prompted, click add extension. The Chrome Remote Desktop app will download.
7. Back on the Chrome Remote Desktop webpage, you’ll see that the app is ready to install. Click Agree and Install.
8. When prompted to open the download, click yes. You will see an icon called Chrome Remote Desktop Host.pkg — double click the icon.
9. Follow the instructions on the screen to install Chrome Remote Desktop Host. Click Install when prompted, eg.
10 Now choose a name for your computer.
eleven When asked, enter a PIN composed of at least six numbers. remember this pin Y click start.
If requested, allow chrome remote desktop host to control your computer and record the content of your screen.
12 Now take your iPhone Y open the app store. Once opened, find Chrome Remote Desktop Y tap Get. Once downloaded and installed, open the app.
13 Sign in to the app using the same Google account details as before. You will now see your remote devices. click mac want to access remotely.
14 After a few seconds, the app will connect to your computer. Enter your PIN Y click the arrow button.
When asked if you want to allow Remote Desktop to find and connect to devices on your local network, click ok.
fifteen. It is now connected to your Mac and you will be able to control it from your iPhone.
And voila, you can now remotely control your Mac from your iPhone or iPad. But that is not all. There are other ways to get access to files on your Mac, mainly by storing your folders and files in the cloud.
definitely worth learning how to use Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive or iCloud cloud storage solutions. you can also learn how to have remote desktop on mac from another Mac or use your iPad as a second monitor in just a few clicks thanks to Sidecar, which allows you to access a Mac from an iPad that is 10 meters away.