The release includes 17 minutes of deleted and extended scenes, as well as never-before-seen footage.
Earlier this summer, the coming-of-age murder mystery where the locusts sing captivated audiences. Now, it comes home with over seventeen minutes of deleted and extended scenes and other bonus features. where the locusts sing will be available for purchase on Digital from September 6th and on Blu-ray and DVD on September 13th.
where the locusts sing It is based on the 2018 best-selling novel of the same name. Delia Owens. The film follows the story of Kya, a woman who was abandoned as a child and forced to raise herself on her own as she survived in the wild swamps of North Carolina. However, her solitary life is interrupted when she begins to get close to two young men from a nearby town. Kya then finds herself the prime suspect in the murder of one of them. The impending trial threatens to reveal secrets that would otherwise have been buried in the swamp. where the locusts sing was directed by Olivia Newman and stars daisy edgar jones, Taylor John-Smith, harris dickinson, Michael Hyatt, Sterling Macer Jr.Y david strathairn.
All fans of the film will find something to enjoy in the bonus features. There are fourteen deleted and extended scenes to view that include never-before-seen footage. There is also a collection of feature films that explore everything from the process of adapting the novel to the big screen to all the hard work put in by the many talented women on the production. Lastly, there is a lyric video for the original song written for the movie by Taylor Swift“Carolina”.
Check out the full list of additional material below:
- Adapting a Phenomenon: Explore the journey of bringing the best-selling novel to life as told by the cast and filmmakers of Where The Crawdads Sing.
- Creating the World: When a book is as beloved as Where the Lobsters Sing, the details of the world are everything. Hear firsthand from the designers and artists who brought those images to the screen.
- Women in Focus: From its captivating central character, Kya, created by author Delia Owens, to the incredible team of women at the helm of the film adaptation, this piece is a testament to the strength, determination, and resilience of women in both the screen as behind the screen. scenes
- 14 Deleted and Extended Scenes – See more of the swamp, mystery, and magic in this collection of deleted and extended scenes.
- Video Lyric: “Carolina” by Taylor Swift
where the locusts sing is available September 6 for digital purchase and September 13 for Blu-ray and DVD. Read the movie synopsis and watch the trailer below:
From the best-selling novel comes a captivating mystery. Where the Crawdads Sing tells the story of Kya, an abandoned girl who was raised to adulthood in the dangerous swamps of North Carolina. For years, rumors of the “Marsh Girl” haunted Barkley Cove, isolating the cunning and resilient Kya from her community. Drawn in by two young men from the city, Kya opens up to a surprising new world; but when one of them is found dead, the community immediately points to her as her main suspect. As the case unfolds, the verdict on what really happened grows increasingly hazy, threatening to reveal the many secrets that lie within the swamp.